Of all the techniques for engraving on wood, CO2 laser is the technology that offers the highest quality and profitability:
- Fast and versatile: the same machine will perform a variety of operations in a single step,
- Precise: identical engraving and cutting are repeated on every run of workpieces,
- Clean environment, no chips: the laser beam evaporates the material,
- No fixing of workpieces is needed: contactless marking.
From solid wood to teak, to MDF, bamboo or sheets of veneer, laser can decorate, cut, hollow out and inscribe information of all kinds (text, images, graphics etc.).
Engraving on flat surfaces, in relief, intaglio, cutting, curves, corners... anything is possible!
1. For cutting wood, opt for a short focal length!
2. For clean cuts with no burn effect, choose a laser machine that offers high speeds.
Extra tip: place adhesive tape over the cutting area before launching the job: it will protect the surface to be cut and will leave the wood perfectly clean!
3. The harder the wood and the greater the thickness to be cut, the greater the power output is needed from your machine.
4. Using air assistance can only improve the quality of cut! It reduces heat at the point of work and eliminates fumes and particles.
Choose a machine with an integrated compressor; this will guarantee silent operation and optimise space.
5. To prevent the wood from overheating, adjust your engraving settings to 300 dpi: the beam scan is then ideal for the engraving of photographs, complex drawings, fine detailing etc.
Add your trademark, logo, individual part references, part characteristics, barcode etc. directly to your products. Durable and permanent, laser marking does not fade over time like ink or come loose like labels.
The versatility of laser allows ultra-personalisation by the unit or run.
Offering infinite creativity, it makes your objects unique and constitutes a valuable driver for growth.
The software that comes with the machine is a valuable aid for all your jobs. The more advanced its functions, the less restricted your creativity!